Reading Log "Fable"








PRE-READING

No
Day
Titles
Why I am interested to read?
Question before I read.
1
Wednesday
The tortoise and the ducks
I was curious when I read the title. I didn’t know, what is Tortoise ? I guess   that tortoise is the same as the turtle, because of the picture on the cover seemed like turtle.
       1)  Is tortoise the same with the turtle ?
     2)      What did make tortoise met ducks?
     

The dog, the cock, and the fox

The cover was interesting me to read this story. There are only three characters, which make me easier to understand the story.
     1)      How can the cock and the cock become bestfriend ?
     2)      Where is this story located ?
2
Thursday
The Fox and The Crow
I wonder what will happen between the fox and the crow. As I know that crow is used to live on nest which is on the branch of tree. And fox is used to live under the tree.
     
     1)      How can the fox meet crow ?
     2)      Will the fox kill and eat the crow ?
The Tortoise and The Hare
I am interested to read this story becase I had watched animation about this story before. So, I   have known about the plot of this story.
     1)      Is this story same with the story that I have watched the animation ?
     2)      What is the different between Hare and Rabbit ?
3
Friday
The Boy who cried Wolf
I am interested to read this story becase I had watched animation about this story before. So, I have known about the plot of this story.
     1)      Why did the boy cry to Wolf ?
      2)      Why did no one help him ?
The Eagle and the Jackdaw
I know that Eagle is different with Jackdaw. Jacdaw is smaller than eagle. So I just wonder what will be happen beetwen them ?
      1)      Why the Jackdaw want to seem like Eagle ?
4
Saturday
The Man and The Lion
This story began when the man met the lion on the way went to same place.   Lion is a king of beast and lion usually like to fight.
      1)      Will the Lion strike the man ?
      2)      Why was the man not affraid to the King of beast ?
The Pig and The Sheep
The Pig and Sheep is  usually live in farmyard. I was interesting when read the title. The story may tells about their life in farmyard
      1)      Is the Pig and the Sheep are bestfriend ?
      2)      What is the conflic of the story ?


READING
                                                                                                                       
Day 1
Wednesday
Date : 19 February 2020
Time
14.45-16.00
Title & Page
The Tortoise and The Ducks

The dog, the cock, and the fox


Sources

Characters
Tortoise, Hare, Chipmunk, A pair of Ducks, Crow
Cock, Dog, and Fox
Main points of the story
Poor tortoise that always carries his house on his back.He wanted to see the world, One day, he met a pair a ducks that could help his touble. While those ducks  help him, he did a foolish thing that made him fell.
A cock and a dog were a bestfriend. They lived in farmyard. One day they went to woods. Next day, the cock roost and wake up fox near the wood. The fox tried to kill and eat the cock. Unfortunatelly,in the twinkling the dog seized him.
New Vocabularies found
Tortoise     Hare       Sail
Nimbly     Seize      Astonished
Gaily        Firmly
Led              Spied         Glimmer    Twinkling
Comrade    Hollow      Lustily
Roost          Lodging     Rosy
Comments
There are some vocabullaries that unfamiliar for me. This plot is arrange well. So, it make me easier to comprehen this story.
This is my favourite story among another story that I have read. There are only three characters and the story is good enough.
Moral
Foolish curiosity and vanity often lead to misfortune.
Those who try to deceive may expect to be paid in their own coin.



Day 2
Thursday
Date : 20 February 2020
Time
19.30-20.00
Title & Page
The Fox an the crow
The Tortoise and the hare
Sources
Characters
Fox and crow
Tortoise and hare
Main points of the story
One day, a crow flied with a piece of cheese on her beak. The fox who saw it, tried to flatter the crow and hope he can get the cheese. But, at the end the crow exchange to give a piece of cheese with a piece of advise for the fox.
An arrogant Hare boasting about his speed and challenge one animal to beat with him. The tortoise accepted Hare’s challenge. Because of his careless, the hare was defeated by the tortoise.
New Vocabularies found
Beak          Surpass       Flatter
Settle         Caw            
Feathers    Snap
Boasting          Nap    
Darted             Plodded        
Contempt  
Comments
I felt confuse at the beginning I read this story. But after I repeat it again and again I can get the content.
I was not curious about this story, because when I read the title I guess this story is same with one episode in “Upin-Ipin”.
Moral
Do not trust flatteres.
Slow but steady progress wins the race

















Day 3
Friday
Date : 21 February 2020
Time
16.00-16.45
Title & Page

The Eagle and The Jackdaw


The Boy who Cried Wolf
Sources
Characters

Eagle, Jackdaw, Lamb, Shepered, children


A sephered boy, Villagers, wolf
Main points of the story
An Eagle, swooping down on powerful wings, seized a lamb in her talons and made off with it to her nest. A Jackdaw saw the deed. A  Jackdaw want to seem like an eagle. But however, Jackdaw is jackdaw. 
A sephered boy lied to the villagers. He cried out about wolf for three or four times. when his neighbors came to help him, laughed at them for their pains.The Wolf, however, did truly come at last. But no one come and help him.
New Vocabularies found
Led              Spied         Glimmer    Twinkling
Comrade    Hollow      Lustily
Roost          Lodging     Rosy
Shepered     Heed              Lacerated
Flock             Rendered     
Agony           Leisure
Comments
This is my favourite story among another story that I have read. There are only three characters and the story is good enough.
I have watched this story in “Upin-Ipin”. And I think the plot is same. So I can understand bout the content easy.
Moral
Do not let your vanity make you overestimate your powers.
There is no believing a liar, even when he speaks the truth.


Day 4
Saturday
Date : 22 February 2020
Time
16.00-16.45
Title & Page

The Man and the Lion

The Pig and the Sheep
Sources

https://www.moralstories.org/the-man-and-the-lion/  

Characters

A man, Lion


Pig, Sheep, and Shepered
Main points of the story
A Lion and a Man chanced to travel in a company through the forest. They soon began to quarrel, for each of them boasted that he and his kind were far superior to the other both in strength and mind.
One day a shepherd discovered a fat Pig in the meadow where his Sheep were pastured. He very quickly captured the porker. The Shepherd often catches and carries off one of the sheep, and he is only after sheep’s wool. But he wants pig’s bacon.
New Vocabularies found
Jaw         
Statue  
Beast      
Meadow      Squeal           
Pasture        Escape  
Tucked          
Comments
 I think this story is good enough. There are a few unfamiliar words.
I really need hard effort to understand this story. I have no idea when I read it. So, I just kept reading while looked for the unfamiliar words in dictionary.
Moral
It all depends on the point of view, and who tells the story. Always trust your own wit and try judge the circumstances.
It is easy to be brave when there is no danger. Don’t compare two different situations without understanding them.




Komentar

Postingan Populer